Dr. Akash Ghai Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Akash Ghai?

Competent and compassionate

Posted on October 22nd, 2017

Dr Ghai is extremely competent and also very compassionate.

The Best Cardiologist in Northern Florida

Posted on April 2nd, 2014

Dr. Ghai is a warm, loving and compassionate doctor. He is the best cardiologist in Northern Florida hands down!

Posted on May 29th, 2013

Dr. Ghai is a warm, compassionate and lovely doctor. He actually sits down and listens to me! I have had other doctors see me for 2 minutes and leave! I trust him so much that I have 4 other family members see him and they are all happy with him. I highly recommend him for your family!

Posted on March 18th, 2013

I want to thank Dr. Ghai. Seven years ago I saw another cardiologist in town who said my heart muscle condition needed surgery or I would die. I went to Dr. Ghai for a second opinion. Dr. Ghai correctly diagnosed my condition with an echo and said I did not need surgery. He put me on some medications that made meel feel much better. It has been seven years and I still feel great. If I had listened to this "other" cardiologist I probably would have undergone unecessary surgery and I may have died. But thanks to Dr. Ghai I avoided this. Dr. Ghai is fantastic! I highly recommend him.

Posted on March 12th, 2013

I love Dr. Ghai. He is warm and compassionate person. He is great listener. He is the best! I highly recommend him!

Should Be Fired!!!!!

Posted on January 31st, 2013

I had a horrible experience. I saw Dr. Ghai for malignant hypertension. I was admitted to TMH and had a stress test and echo of my heart and was told I had no blockages, but did have a 4.5cm anuerysm. After 4 days Dr. Ghai released me saying he had no idea as to the source of my problem. I should cut down on my sodium intake! I had my primary care Dr. refer me to Shands. At Shand they inquired why I didn't have a CT scan performed. Shands explained an anuerysm could not be determined by echo alone. I went back to Tallahasse for the CT. Upon the review of the CT by Shands they determined I had no anuerysm, but had extensive Triple vessel calcification consistent with blockages. I should have a heart cath considering the test results and family history(father died at 49 from heart attack, mother had quad bypass at 62). Dr. Ghai was aware of my family history. Upon return to his office he refused to order a heart cath saying "this is an expensive procedure and not necessary since you passed a stress test" and I'm the heart specialist not the surgeons at Shands. I left his office, called Shands and they scheduled the Cath. During the cath it was determined I had a completely occluded heart. The Dr's at Shands were astonished that he had responded in this manner. Needlesss to say I angrily confronted Ghai with the findings. He said "I feel I have done everything prudent in your case". Incredibly arrogant of him! I had quintuple bypass performed at Shands a week later. LEFT TO DR. GHAI I WOULD BE DEAD!!!! So PLEASE!!! Carefully weigh any conclusions reached by this JERK!

Posted on October 22nd, 2017