Dr. Akbar Nawab Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Akbar Nawab?

Brian

Dr. Nawab is the best orthopedic knee doctor I have seen. I have had 14 surgeries over the last 20 years and I thought I would never thought I would go longer than 2 years without a surgery. He provided me with a diagnosis that not other doctor had even mentioned and helped me avoid knee replacement at a young age. After my surgery with him I doing things I never thought I would do again. He was honest and extremely caring, his bedside manner is second to none. He is the best!

Partial Knee Replacement

At age 53, I was too young and too active to be sidelined with constant arthritic pain. Synvisc injections helped for a while but eventually, they did nothing for me. Dr. Nawab told me I was a prime candidate for partial (unicompartmental) replacement and while I trusted him explicitly, I did my own research on partial knee replacements both online and in person. I spoke to a few people who had partial versus full replacement; I wanted to know their story, who their surgeon was and how they felt in the weeks, months and years after. I received amazing feedback not only on how much better these people felt after but on Dr. Nawab as well. The arthritis in my knee was limited to the medial compartment but it was not allowing me to do the simplest of all exercises – walking! I had to take an elevator for one flight of stairs. I wanted to feel better but I didn’t want a full replacement. Why do a full when the other compartments of my knee were healthy? This was Dr. Nawab’s opinion as well. He took the time to talk to me about the pros, cons, benefits and risks – which I greatly appreciated. I made my mind up and went enthusiastically into my surgery in August, 2017. Dr. Nawab and his staff had me totally prepared for every aspect of the surgery and recovery. He and his team covered all the bases. Everything went well and I was back to work in less than four weeks. In fact, it went so well that I had him replace (partial) the other knee three months later! It’s been eight weeks since my second surgery and I am back to my favorite exercise, walking 2-3 miles a day…but with zero arthritic pain! If you are a candidate for partial knee placement, I highly, strongly, persuasively suggest Dr. Akbar Nawab and his team!

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery

Dr Nawab is very easy to talk to and answered all my questions thoroughly. He did a great job as my surgeon. He followed up with my wife after the surgery and with me on post op appointments. very easy to get an appointment and I didn't have to wait long to see him at the office. His entire office staff was great to deal with.

Teacher

The best ortho surgeon in Louisville. He was recommended by my MRI tech immediately after tech saw the extent of my injury. I was into Nawab's office two days later. Everyone who has an ortho problem should go to the best surgeon---he is the man!

Overall a very good experience, professional and caring. I will be having surgery with Dr. Nawab later this year.

instry

Dr. Nawab has a professional demeanor that seems to be missing in today's medical field. Even though I know time is of the essence, he takes the time to answer any and all questions you may have. He makes it a team effort (doctor/patient) which can only enhance the recovery of the patient and the comfort level of the patient with the physician as well.

Search stops here

By far my best experience with any Dr. The first orthopedic surgeon botched my surgey. Dr Nawab removed the old ACL graft and replaced with new graft as well as a lateral meniscus. It took three surgeries in all (remove, add, then scar tissue clean-up) but I am back to normal and running every day. I have since recommended 6 co-workers to get shoulder/knee surgeries from him. He is the man.

Dr. Akbar Nawab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jeffersonville, IN.