Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Akbar Qureshi
Dr. Akbar Qureshi, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Kissimmee, FL, with another office in Kissimmee, FL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Qureshi is affiliated with Osceola Regional Medical Center, Winter Haven Hospital and Brandon Regional Hospital. Dr. Qureshi has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Akbar Qureshi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 4 of 12
I have four children aged 9 years to 16 yearswe just moved here in florida from New York and looking for a pediatrician My friends refer me to this doctorWhen I called for an appointment,I got it when I wanted to and my visit to that office was a very good experiencedr was very courtious, friendly and knowledgeableHe was very thorough and took time to answer all my questionsI highly recommend him
This is my daughter's doctor and I couldn't be happier. I take time and effort searching different doctors until I find the one right for both my daughter & I. He is a very friendly man and so is everyone in the office. They never hesitate to get my child in to see someone or answer my questions. I love that about them. The wait time averages about 15-20 mins, 30 mins top if it's a very busy day. I couldn't ask for a better doctor or office to have taking care of my child.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Qureshi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Osceola Regional Medical Center
Winter Haven Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital
St Cloud Regional Medical Center
Saint Cloud Hospital
25 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Akbar Qureshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & Directions
Dr. Akbar Qureshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kissimmee, FL.