Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Akiko Suzuki has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Akiko Suzuki has the following 14 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Akiko Suzuki has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I had visited this office a few times. I liked the doctor except that she staring at her compute during conversation. The worst thing in this office is the receptionists. The young girl who mostly answers the phone is so so but as soon as she gets questions about what she doesn't know, an older lady comes in and he attitude is incredible. One time, I asked about routine physical exam. She said that this, this & this are not included in the routine physical. Those things ARE included in other office's routine physical though. When I said that, she said "then why don't you go to other office". That's when I switched the doctor.
I have been to see Dr. Suzuki on several occasions for different reasons. She was very sympathetic and seemed really motivated to help at every appointment. She is not expressive with her facial expressions, but her actions definitely convey a caring attitude. She listened carefully to my symptoms, gave me a possible solution, and offered to refer me to specialists as necessary. She even called back in situations where an appointment wasn't possible. Her staff are also friendly and efficient, and I highly recommend her!
Dr. Suzuki is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Akiko Suzuki accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsAkiko Suzuki Md Corp, 23000 Crenshaw Blvd Ste 204, Torrance, CA
Dr. Akiko Suzuki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.