Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Akira Nishimura
Dr. Akira Nishimura, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Conroe, TX. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nishimura is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Hospital, Conroe Regional Medical Center and St Lukes The Woodlands Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Akira Nishimura has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Nishimura is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hermann Hospital
Conroe Regional Medical Center
St Lukes The Woodlands Hospital
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital
Mhhs The Woodlands Hospital
St. Luke S Cmc
47 Years Experience
Universidad Nacional Autonoma De Mexico, Df
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Akira Nishimura accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions508 Medical Center Blvd, Conroe, TX
Dr. Akira Nishimura is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conroe, TX.