Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Akkil Ali MD
Dr. Akkil Ali, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ali is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center, Coral Springs Medical Center and Holy Cross Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Akkil Ali has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Akkil Ali has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
Would not be my first choice for medical care.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akkil Ali - Posted on January 19th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akkil Ali - Posted on September 7th, 2010
Dr. Ali is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Akkil Ali Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAKKIL ALI MD, 7710 NW 71st Ct Ste 304, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Akkil Ali, MD - Internal Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, FL, in this video.
Dr. Akkil Ali is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.