Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Akram Y Razzouk has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. removed my beloved wife from her mood stabilizer cold turkey, without replacing it with another, making her fly into a full blown manic episode with her well-documented bipolar condition. He, along with Hinsdale Hospital is the reason why my wife has gone missing for over 4 months. If you have a loved one with a mental condition do NOT take them to see this doctor - EVER.
My daughter has been a patient of his for two years after being admitted to Hinsdale Hospital for depression/behavior disorders. He's always late for scheduled appointments yet charges a hefty fee if you need to reschedule. Currently looking for a new doctor because he consistently lets prescriptions lapse forcing me to pay hefty out of pocket fees for emergency refills. He's impossible to reach to discuss care or treatment. On every occasion his staff pages him to return calls and never does. The only time I was able to get a response from him is by telling hospital staff I refuse treatment by him while my daughter was hospitalized. Horrible experience every time I've needed anything from him other than a bill.
Dr. Razzouk saved my life. During one of the darkest times of my life, he took his time with me, treated me with respect and helped me through. I truly do not believe I would be here today if it weren't for Dr. Razzouk. He is a very smart and compassionate doctor. I feel blessed to have him participate in my care. I never had to wait very long for him in his office, but if I did, it would be worth the wait to receive his care.
40 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Akram Y Razzouk accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSalt Creek Therapy Center, 999 Oakmont Plaza Dr Ste 100, Westmont, IL
Dr. Akram Y Razzouk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westmont, IL.