Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Akshaya J Vachharajani has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Premature Infants
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Anomalies
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Akshaya J. Vachharajani Treated my twins during their stay at St. Louis children's hospital. His bedside manner was the best I've ever seen in a Doctor. His is extremely competent and is clearly sought out by his peers. By far the most professional and genuinely sincere Doctor I've ever met. He took the time meet my entire family and knew them by first name. Sadly one of my children passed away while in the NICU, Dr. Akshaya J. Vachharajani Was extremely compassionate during the whole process. There was no doubt that he was genuine in the sympathy he displayed for my family. He takes extra time to ensure that parents know exactly what is happening and the care plan for their children. At one time he was engaged with several other doctors as my father walked by. He stopped his meeting and spent several minutes to express his condolences for the loss of my daughter. My experience with this man was amazing. Hopefully you'll never his services but if you do, know that your children are in the best care they can receive. This man truly makes the world a better place! I wish there were more of him! My other child made a full recovery after seven weeks under his care. It has been four years since we were in the NICU and I often think of this man.
St Louis Childrens Hospital
Dr. Akshaya J Vachharajani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Louis Childrens Hospital, 1 Childrens Pl, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Akshaya J Vachharajani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.