Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Akua T Afriyie-Gray has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Akua T Afriyie-Gray has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
Dr. Akua T Afriyie-Gray is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I saw Dr. Akua Afriyie-Gray one evening at her Oakbrook Office. She is not my regular doctor, but I made an appointment with her because of my work schedule. My appointment was at 6:20pm. I waited alone and unattended until 7:20PM. Once she tended to me, she appeared to be polite and somewhat apologetic about the 1 hour delay. She pulled up my medical records before examining me and gave me quite the shock. She stated I had a high-risk pregnancy and needed to plan a date for my emergency c-section because I have placenta previa. I am 37 weeks pregnant. I explained that this information was never brought to my attention by my regular doctor. Dr. Gray stated that she could not examine me because of the placenta previa...meaning the placenta was blocking the baby from being delivered vaginally. After this news, she rushed me out of her office. I drove home an emotional wreck because I felt very confused and alone. The next morning, Dr. Gray phoned me and said it was an oversight on her end and that the baby was fine for the time being. No where in my medical records did it say I had placenta previa. I spoke with my regular doctor and she stated that mistakes happen. I feel that this was a huge oversight on her part and it should be acknowledged. Often times, doctors forget that we are human and we need some sort of guidance and comfort. I felt this was very irresponsible on her part. The emotional rollercoaster I was placed on could have very well sent me into early labor. I just pray no one else has to endure this kind of experience.
Absolutely, hands down, one of the best providers! Caring, compassionate, dedicated, intelligent, competent, consummate professional!
She is amazing! She was my doctor for my first daughter almost 10 years ago. We just had our second and currently reside in Texas, I wish I still lived in Illinois. The doctors here were rude, inconsiderate, discourteous, cold and calculating. If I had a choice of a doctor it would definitely be Dr. Gray every time! I truly miss her, I miss how enjoyable she made the experience. She was by far the best doctor I have ever had, I still remember her to this day. That should count for something. Thank you for being an amazing doctor, keep doing what you're doing. Don't get jaded by the system, like my current doctor is!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Akua T Afriyie-Gray accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLoyola University Medical Center, 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Akua T Afriyie-Gray in this video.
Dr. Akua T Afriyie-Gray is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maywood, IL.