Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ala S Mortazavi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lung Cancer
- Critical Care
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
Showing 5 of 16
I was admitted to Sentara Woodbridge hospital and this doctor was supposed to be the attending. He showed up at 12:45 pm after not answering pages from his answering service that stated at 8:00 am. He prescribed a medication he told us was expensive but necessary and when the pharmacy called him to ask him to call the insurance company so it could be filled his response was he doesn't do that. Why does Sentara allow this man to practice in their hospital?
My experience over more than five years has been related to sleep apnea and other sleep disturbances. Those include restless leg syndrome , insomnia, and daytime sleepiness. With the doctor's diagnosis of all the problems, I have been effectively managing most. All are chronic illnesses that normally last a lifetime, something I found hard to accept and this caused me to try managing on my own. The sleep lab is best in the DC area. despite my non-compliance at times.The
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Ala S Mortazavi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShahidi & Mortazavi Mds, 313 Park Ave Ste 202, Falls Church, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ala S Mortazavi in this video.
Dr. Ala S Mortazavi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.