Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alain Rook MD
Dr. Alain Rook, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Philadelphia, PA (and 1 other location). He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Rook is affiliated with Graduate Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System and Hospital of the University of PA. He speaks English.
Dr. Alain Rook has 4 locations
3400 Civic Center Blvd 1 330S Perelman Ctr
Philadelphia, PA 19104
3400 Civic Center Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Dr. Alain Rook has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Alain Rook has the following 24 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Kaposi Sarcoma
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Mycosis Fungoides
- Pemphigus (Blistering Diseases)
- Photo Dynamic Therapy (Photopheresis)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Sezary Syndrome
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Diseases
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Finger Disorder
Dr. Alain Rook is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alain Rook - Posted on June 21st, 2016
The ultimate physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alain Rook - Posted on March 23rd, 2012
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Rook. I wish I had known about him for the time I wasted with two other physicians. Not only is he thorough, but he actually seems to care about his patients, making himself available for questions or concerns if needed. That is certainly not the way today's new physicians handle their practices. I am more than satisfied with his service, his expertise, and the wonderful rapport he immediately established with me (and I'm sure, with his other patients). His staff have the only the nicest things to say about him. How amazing is that!! If there were such a rating as 4-star ++ offered here, he would certainly get it from me. Thank you Dr. Rook.
Patient from N.Y.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alain Rook - Posted on April 15th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Hospital of the University of PA
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
38 Years Experience
University of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Alain Rook Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alain Rook's office for more information.
3600 Spruce St Philadelphia, PA : (215) 662-2399
3400 Civic Center Blvd 1 330S Perelman Ctr Philadelphia, PA 19104
3400 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia, PA 19104
3819 Chestnut St Philadelphia, PA : (215) 349-8176
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alain Rook, MD - Dermatology in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Alain Rook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.