Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alaina K Kipps has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
Dr. Alaina K Kipps is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
15 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Alaina K Kipps accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLucile Packard Childrens Hospital, 725 Welch Rd, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Alaina K Kipps is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.