Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan A Alexander has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 8
25 years ago Dr. Rao was the attending Pediatrician when my daughter arrived and she informed me that my daughter has infant hip dysplasia so a full body brace was set into place for her. Her first well baby appointment @ 2-3 weeks old was set up with Dr. Alan A. Alexander who looked at the xrays and said, "It must be a miracle....I see no problem with her hips so we're discarding the brace as it's unnecessary. My daughter is now in the hospital in severe pain awaiting hip replacement surgery at the age of 25.
Both of our children have been going to him since birth. Working in the medical field, I have heard about all of the pediatricians in our area. I feel so confident having our children in his care. He's the best Pedatrician around. I'm so thankful that I can call him whenever I have a question obout our children's health. My only complaint is that it can be very difficult sometimes when calling in. Phone is busy quite often. Have to call over & over to get in. But I don't usually have to wait very long on hold once the call makes it through.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Dr. Alan A Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKeokuk Clinic, 400 N 17th St, Keokuk, IA
Dr. Alan A Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Keokuk, IA.