Dr. Alan J Alvarado Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Alan J Alvarado?

Mother

As a mother, Dr Alvarado diagnosed my child with a vascular like skin infection on the first visit. Her symptoms had gotten worse, and she was seen by 3 prior doctors & 1 ER visit without an adiquate diagnosis or treatment plan. I read two other reviews on this site and find them hard to believe. He is the best Pediatrican/Allergist in this area and I would drive long distances to hav my child seen by him.

PA

I thoroughly enjoyed Dr. Alvarados's office and his staff. Dr. Alvarado was an amazing physician, even under his pressed for time appointments, he was more than thorough, and I look forward to seeing him again. Dr. Alvarado more than passed my expectations and I couldn't recommend a better pediatrician .....

Each visit, we waiting 45+ minutes for him to come in our room for a maximum of 3 minutes. He never had time to listen to us and dismissed our concerns. Around 2 months we noticed that our baby wasn't using his right hand often. We brought it up at 4 different visits and it was dismissed each time, as Dr. Alvarado ran out of the room and on to the next patient. We changed doctors at 6 months because we weren't being heard and our conerns weren't being taken seriously. We went to the new doctor and he immediately did a referral for physical therapy and a pediatric neurologist...our son had a stroke in utero that Dr. Alvarado completely missed because of his jam packed schedule and unwillingness to do a thorough exam or take us seriously. I feel like his refusal in listening to us delayed the process of helping our son. The best thing we did was change doctors. Parents beware and always listen to your instincts when it comes to your child. If concerns aren't being addressed...find somewhere where they will be.

Great doctor - long wait

I never get in and out of his office in less than 90 minutes. He is good at his job, but you wait over an hour and see him for 2 minutes.

Called another dr. to take over instead of seeing my child!

When we went into youth care with my daughter and he found out she had been recently discharged from Shands he immediately called for another doc to take over. Maybe you should check his compentance before you go to his office?!

Dr. Alan J Alvarado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valdosta, GA.