Dr. Alan A Axelson Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Alan A Axelson?

Excellent Doctor - Saved my life

I strongly disagree with the individual who wrote a negative review. Doc A is an excellent physician and an amazing person. I am so blessed to be under his care. I have been his patient for eight years. He accurately diagnosed me when I was 17 years old. I never thought I would be this successful in life. He has helped me to overcome many obstacles and I can't thank him enough. He truly cares about his patients. I would recommend this doctor to everyone.

Dr. Axelson diagnosed my son with ADHD after spending ten minutes with him. Never talking to my child's teachers or his parents. During our appointment with him, he sat with his back to us and was on his computer the whole time. I'm guessing, looking up notes on my son that he had taken during the precvious appointment. Things only got worse for my son. I was so frustrated and did not know what to do. Dr. axelson's response to me was to find a family member and send my son to live with someone else. That was the last time we met with him. Since then we had my son diagnosed by a neuropsychologist who spent five hours testing him. The conclusion is my son DOES NOT have ADHD which Axelson's so carelessly diagnosed him and medicated him for, but has Adjustment Disorder. I have never on my life had such a bad experience with a doctor before.

Dr. Alan Axelson, MD

READ DOWN PLEASE Dr Alan Axelson, MD, replaced Dr. Stephen Jewell in or around 2007, and I must say that I was so pleased with my treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder and with that of my children's through the years that I actually considered going to Ohio to continue treatment with Dr. Jewell! It was so important to me to get the best possible care as I also have Lupus and several other illnesses since 1986; and being prescribed medications that are not contraindicated with these illnesses is of the utmost importance!!! Please know that I don't have the proper medical terms to describe a physician's abilities, but I will do my best.Having seen between 45-60 doctors over the years; not including the specialists, Dr. Axelson is hands down the brightest doctor I have yet to see. He excels in medications and their side effects,and also has a knack for knowing which will work for each individual. Also I think there should be special recognition for doctors who can quickly diaganose a problem, not just in conjunction with ADD but also with another illness and its medication. Finest doctor I have ever had the priveledge of knowing. (And NO, I am not related LOL) Oh, he gets embarrassed if you point out that he is bright. He is not arrogant at all which may be his best quality...........Naaaaaa

Great doctor; I trust him

I was impressed with Dr. Axelson; he diagnosed and prescribed effective treatment for my problem on the first visit. He's concerned about helping me and my results have been life-changing. I'm totally satisfied with the care that I receive.

terrible experience, dont trust Dr alan Axelson.

Dr. Alan A Axelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.