Dr. Alan B Marks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan B Marks?

There When You Need Him

Dr. Marks is an excellent Dr.

Diagnosis

My primary care doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong and recommended I see a rheumatologist. Earliest available apppointment from the recommended doctor was 6 weeks. I located Dr. Marks and he saw me in 10 days. Spent time interviewing me regarding symptoms, took blood, and arrived at a quick diagnosis that my extreme joint pain was PMR.Gave me a prescription and I got my life back. Can play golf again. He is thorough, concerned, good manners, and writes down instructions so that you know what to do. I highly recommend him based on my experience.

Competent, caring rheumatologist and practice

I have seen Dr. Marks for about 2 years, and my wife has seen him over the years as well. We both have nothing but positive experiences to report. The practice is a small, old-fashioned operation in the sense that there are one or two office administrators out front greeting patients and handling paperwork, and but one physician inside seeing patients, without a nurse or nurse practitioner. (Personally, I find this home-town approach comforting and far preferable to the modern group practice, in which you never or rarely see the same front office personnel or triage nurse, and you are kept waiting sometimes for the better part of an hour. The lone small-practice drawback is that only cash and checks are accepted for co-payments, which makes it a bit cumbersome to claim from a healthcare spending account.)I find everyone in the practice to be welcoming, friendly, polite (no small matter in medicine these days...), helpful and caring. Wait times are always moderate or better. Dr. Marks himself is a funny, friendly man whose approach represents the best of one-on-one medical care. His explanations are clear and straightforward, and his recommendations are always carefully and simply delivered.I highly recommend the practice.is friendly, personable and caring. know which

Run - don't walk from this guy!

Prompt out-of-town care

In a critical situation, Dr. Marks made time to fin an appointment into his schedule one day after being contacted, did a thorough examination and assessment, conveyed his diagnosis clearly and thoughtfully, advised effectively and did his best to arrange follow-up care for someone who isn't a regular patient. His effort is much appreciated and has offered sensible guidance for our next steps. He squeezed this appointment around his existing schedule.