Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan B Patterson has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Alan B Patterson has the following 30 expertise
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Child Birth
- Female Infertility
- Hot Flashes
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Genital Warts
- HPV Type 18 (Human Papillomavirus)
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Yeast Infection (Vulvovaginal Candidasis)
- HPV Type 16 (Human Papillomavirus)
- Pelvic Infection
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstruation Disturbances
Dr. Alan B Patterson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 70
I've been going to Dr. Patterson for almost 20 years now. He's very thorough and efficient and I appreciate how he always personally calls with results. I had an after-hours emergency once and he not only called me back within minutes, but called twice more that evening to make sure my condition hadn't worsened and worked me in for first thing the next morning. I'd recommend him to any woman.
I've been seeing Dr. Patterson for almost 3 years now and have had a great experience. He was my doctor during my first and only pregnancy and as a first time mom I had quite a few incidents in which I freaked out and called to express my concerns. Doctor Patterson was very accessible, always responded promptly, and was always very cautious in my care. I truly felt that I was in the best hands possible and it was comforting to count on his knowledge and expertise. Also, his staff is very welcoming, friendly and professional, and they always remember me and my son. I am so glad to have found his practice!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
39 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Alan B Patterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alan B Patterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coral Springs, FL.