Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan B Silverberg
Dr. Alan B Silverberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Silverberg is affiliated with Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City and St Louis University Hospital. Dr. Silverberg has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan B Silverberg has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Alan B Silverberg has the following 19 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Lipid Disorders
- Thyroid Cancer
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Dr. Alan B Silverberg has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alan B Silverberg is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Silverberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsIfrah Ahmed Md, 1402 S Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan B Silverberg in this video.
Dr. Alan B Silverberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.