Dr. Alan Berkowitz Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alan Berkowitz?

High approval

Posted on September 20th, 2017

First Class

strange

Posted on March 25th, 2016

Very strange

Misdiagnosed

Posted on April 12th, 2014

I had the worst experience with this doctor almost a year ago. I ended up in the hospital and got stuck with Berkowitz not by choice and was forced to see him for weeks even though I realized he didn't know what he was doing. He only made things worse. Whatever happened to me, it seemed Berkowitz's approach was to get me on as much meds as possible so he wouldn't have to deal with me rather than figure out what was really going on. Shortly after getting out of the hospital I thankfully went off my meds against his advice. I went through a pretty severe suicidal depression which he refused to give me any medication for. He only wanted to have me on meds that turned me into a zombie. Finally I gave up on psychiatry and managed to make it through on my own. Nothing this psychiatrist had told me turned out being accurate nearly a year later. I can only imagine how many people he has overmedicated that didn't have the insight to suspect what was going on.

Malpractice!

Posted on March 25th, 2014

After reading these other reviews

Posted on March 21st, 2014

I can not even begin to tell you what a nightmare it was dealing with Dr. Berkowitz. I live out of town and our care giving agency (A Trusted Home Care) suggested him. She (Flor Mora) had said she had worked with him for years, and she trusted his advice. We were just looking for a little something to help with my mother's agitation. When I arrived in California several months later to visit my mom and see how things were going I almost called social services. My mother was more like what I call catatonic. She was walking with her head down, had no affect, had a glazed look, and was shuffling her feet as she walked. None of which she had been doing prior to her seeing Dr. Berkowitz. I called Flor and told her something was not right and I wanted to speak with Dr. Berkowitz, and to please give me his number. She refused and said he wouldn't talk to me, as he only talks to the person who brings the patient in. I was sickened by this response as I am power of attorney for my mother. Flor insisted my mother wasn't lethargic, and that I didn't know what lethargic was. We argued until, I hung up. I called my sister, who got Dr. Berkowitz's number and called. He was so rude and off putting. He asked my sister when she became a Dr.? I called his office after that and the nurse refused to put me through saying he won't talk to a million people. When I called Flor back she said "Are you accusing me of over dosing your mother?" Funny I hadn't mentioned anything to her except that I felt something wasn't right. That was the light bulb that when on in my head. I went to this site to see the recommendations for Dr. Berkowitz and saw many of the same things that I was experiencing. We left Dr. Berkowitz and subsequently "A Trusted Home Care", and my mother is once again alive as opposed to walking around like a Zombie. An aside to this is my mother's husband is also still being treated by Dr. Berkowitz, and has moved to Gloria's Garden, a home run by Flor Mora, and although 98 years old sleeps about 22 houses a day, up only for 10 minute increments, at a time, and enough time to eat, and go back to his chair to sleep. I highly recommend leaving this practice if you are still with Dr. Berkowitz, and if not run as fast as you can. The good reviews on this site must be posted by fakes that either Dr. Berkowitz planted or Flor Mora.

Review of Dr. Alan L Berkowitz

Posted on April 18th, 2013

I do like this Dr. very much and have recommended him to several people because he is down to earth, personable, and has a good bedside manner He is receptive and adaptable in adjusting or changing my medications as my needs have changed. He takes a personal interest in me as it pertains to my overall well being. I never feel rushed during the consultation, so that must be the case for his other patients and explains why I've usually had a 15-30 min. wait. It is worth it though. On two occasions over the last several years he called back and problem solved in response to some med problems. I'm very fortunate to have found him.

Quack

Posted on January 13th, 2012

Completely misdiagnosed my father. Completely overmedicated my father. 25mg seroquel to 300 mg seroquel + as needed. No ativan to.5mg + as needed. My father was a complete zombie. The quack told me my father would never have his meds lowered and that he would never go back to assisted living. The quacks been fired and my father is back at assisted living on 25mg seroquil and no ativan. If I see the quack at the facility I will break his nose.

Dr. Berkowitz - more of a researcher

Posted on April 5th, 2010

My appointments for Dr. Berkowitz were less personal and more research oriented. He asked me and my family to participate in a collegue's study of familial bipolar disorder. I felt more to be a research subject than a patient needing a caring diagnosis. No Dr. followup. Appointments made keep getting cancelled. Getting Rx refill requests hard to do, and requires plenty of advanced planning time before medication runs out. One of the receptionists has no affect (expression) whatsoever. Overall, would not recommend.

bad doctor