Have you seen Dr. Alan Y Chow?

Dr. Allan Chow - Opthalmologist is exceptional

My son had been a patient of Dr. Chow for several years and he diagnosed his strabismus and has performed 2 surgeries on his eyes. Dr Chow takes is time to explain in grate detail what his findings are and how to proceed. I have complete trust in Dr. Chow and would not go to any other Opthalmologist. I drive well over an hour to see him! Thanks to Dr. Chow and Heather for all they do!

Top-notch

Dr. Chow did my left-eye strabismus surgery ~24 years ago; that was desperately needed, and a total success. Since then, my right eye gradually drifted up & out - so gradual that only last month did I finally say 'enough' to the double-vision frustration, and pull the rip cord to submit again to the knife. Shouldn't have waited so long; he really nailed the re-alignment. Very efficient process, back to work the next day. Dr. Chow is a truly dedicated & excellent professional.

Worth the drive.

When our sweet baby boy was just a few months old our PCP referred us to a specialist for crossed eyes. We sought out Dr Chow as he came to us recommend by a friend. Dr Chow described the crossed eyes as, "moderately severe", and we were told he would need surgery. We had to do patching for a few months to strengthen the eyes equally (otherwise he'd loose vision in one eye). So at 10 months old we drove to the hospital and Dr Chow surgically corrected both of his eyes. The change was immediate and has been lasting. There is no visible scarring and we continue to follow up routinely (sweet boy is 2.5 now). He talked us through a post op infection, gave us his cell phone number, and has never made us feel insecure with the game plan for our treatment. Dr Chow has always been up front and great at explaining our sons condition and the potential risk of needing another surgery in the future. If that happens we'll be confident in having Dr Chow care for our boy, even if the moo cow is a bit creepy! Haha, just kidding. I know this is long and detailed, but as a mom and nurse, knowing and understanding who we trust our children's care with is priceless.

Dr. Chow operated on my eyes on July of 2017 due to a drifting left eye. I'm a 27 year old male and have gone to many eye doctors since I was 6 months old. I was always told that there was nothing that could be done with my left eye. I was also told not to do anything and let my vision go in my left eye. They said it would be easier for me to read without seeing double vision. As soon as I met Doctor Chow, he said "I can fix that." He gave me hope. He has made a remarkable improvement with my vision. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Have been a patient of Dr. Chow for well over 25 years. Not only do I admire and appreciate his medical expertise and professionalism but also note he deeply cares about his patients. Very happy to be his patient for all of these years.

My husband went to Dr. Chow for many years. Having read most of the reviews I agree 100 percent that he is a very intelligent, competent, caring, knowledgeable doctor. He takes time to listen and explain things thoroughly. Only wish I could be his patient.

He was awful. Was unable to concentrate. Sweating a lot.

My son loved him

The doc is fantastic. Knows his stuff and my son always walks around asking me to "look at moo cow"

Exceptional Doctor!!!!!

Perfect Doc for children, nice and funny makes visits enjoyable, easy, and informational. He has made a huge difference in my daughters vision and can only praise him for his work. Thank you so much

Dr. Chow corrected my strabismus. My eyes were so poorly aligned that multiple prisms were needed in my lenses prior to surgery. The prisms lessened both my horizontal and vertical double vision, but improvements after surgery were remarkable. The surgery was 8 years ago and the results continue to be excellent!

He is a Great Doctor

Great doctor. Helped fix my son's eyes (his muscles were too strong causing upshooting and the eyes to be turned inwards.) Dr. Chow did surgery twice to help fix his eyes and so far everything is doing great (2 years post)

Dr. Alan Y Chow is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Glen Ellyn, IL.