Have you seen Dr. Alan Y Chow?

Worth the drive.

When our sweet baby boy was just a few months old our PCP referred us to a specialist for crossed eyes. We sought out Dr Chow as he came to us recommend by a friend. Dr Chow described the crossed eyes as, "moderately severe", and we were told he would need surgery. We had to do patching for a few months to strengthen the eyes equally (otherwise he'd loose vision in one eye). So at 10 months old we drove to the hospital and Dr Chow surgically corrected both of his eyes. The change was immediate and has been lasting. There is no visible scarring and we continue to follow up routinely (sweet boy is 2.5 now). He talked us through a post op infection, gave us his cell phone number, and has never made us feel insecure with the game plan for our treatment. Dr Chow has always been up front and great at explaining our sons condition and the potential risk of needing another surgery in the future. If that happens we'll be confident in having Dr Chow care for our boy, even if the moo cow is a bit creepy! Haha, just kidding. I know this is long and detailed, but as a mom and nurse, knowing and understanding who we trust our children's care with is priceless.

Dr. Chow operated on my eyes on July of 2017 due to a drifting left eye. I'm a 27 year old male and have gone to many eye doctors since I was 6 months old. I was always told that there was nothing that could be done with my left eye. I was also told not to do anything and let my vision go in my left eye. They said it would be easier for me to read without seeing double vision. As soon as I met Doctor Chow, he said "I can fix that." He gave me hope. He has made a remarkable improvement with my vision. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Have been a patient of Dr. Chow for well over 25 years. Not only do I admire and appreciate his medical expertise and professionalism but also note he deeply cares about his patients. Very happy to be his patient for all of these years.

My husband went to Dr. Chow for many years. Having read most of the reviews I agree 100 percent that he is a very intelligent, competent, caring, knowledgeable doctor. He takes time to listen and explain things thoroughly. Only wish I could be his patient.

He was awful. Was unable to concentrate. Sweating a lot.

My son loved him

The doc is fantastic. Knows his stuff and my son always walks around asking me to "look at moo cow"

Exceptional Doctor!!!!!

Perfect Doc for children, nice and funny makes visits enjoyable, easy, and informational. He has made a huge difference in my daughters vision and can only praise him for his work. Thank you so much

Dr. Chow corrected my strabismus. My eyes were so poorly aligned that multiple prisms were needed in my lenses prior to surgery. The prisms lessened both my horizontal and vertical double vision, but improvements after surgery were remarkable. The surgery was 8 years ago and the results continue to be excellent!

He is a Great Doctor

Great doctor. Helped fix my son's eyes (his muscles were too strong causing upshooting and the eyes to be turned inwards.) Dr. Chow did surgery twice to help fix his eyes and so far everything is doing great (2 years post)

Excellent care all the way around.. Had an absolutely amazing result with recent eye surgery done by Dr. Chow! Highly recommned him!

amazing eye Doc.

My Son has been seeing Dr. chow for over two years for glaucoma and visual field defect issues. When we first saw Dr. chow my Son was having tons of issues with his eyes. Dr. Chow spent a lot of time figuring out what was going on. Saw that he has glaucoma and did a visual field test which shows he has visual field defect. Dr. Chow prescribed eye drops immediately. My Son sees a lot of specialists due to his rare genetic disease. Dr. Chow and my Son have a great friendship and he is mys Son's favorite number one Doc. They also laugh with eachother a lot. Dr. chow is a brilliant opthomologist . my Son has had vision issues since the age of 5. He's been to several opthomologists including neuro opthomologist. He's been diagnosed with in convergency insufficiency since the age of 5. Dr. Chow was different right from the beginning. He listened to my Son, truly listened to all of his complaints. He ran a lot of tests and diagnosed him with two conditions the other Docs didn't figure out with him and started treatment right away. Reading used to be hard for my Son due to his vision issues. Now he's able to read the words clearer and even smaller print. He loves seeing Dr. Chow and he loves when Dr. Chow personally comes to the waiting room for him. Dr. Chow is an amazing brilliant Doc that's very intelligent and smart. He treats my Son like his own family. Dr. Chow isn't a bragger and not a lot of people know how much he truly does care for his patients. He is a solver and a fixer. Dr. Chow cares a lot about his other patents as well. Especially his retinas pigmentosis patients who fight a rare disease of going blind which there is no cure for. Children and adults are affected with this. Steals their vision. Dr. Chow and his Brother wanted to do something to help and bring back their sight. They both created a chip to be implanted being their retina to restore vision. Dr. Chow has been in science digest, People Magazine and several newscasts documentary about this. Truly an amazing invention. I watched these episodes along with my Son and not only does Dr. Chow have a heart of gold it brings you closer to Dr. Chow. I always knew there was something special about Dr. Chow. My Son has so much respect for him and love for him. I see the true care and friendliness in Dr. Chows eyes and smile. Such an amazing Eye Doc. Even the Boys genetic Doc and their neuro love him. If we ever moved we would come back every three months to see him over others. There is no other eye Doc that I along with my Son who would trust over him.

Dr. Alan Y Chow is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Glen Ellyn, IL.

Dr. Alan Y Chow Is this you?