Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alan Dessen
Dr. Alan Dessen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dessen is affiliated with Banner Thunderbird Medical Center, West Valley Hospital Medical Center and Arrowhead Community. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Dessen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan Dessen has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Alan Dessen has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alan Dessen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Dessen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
West Valley Hospital Medical Center
Arizona Heart Hospital
Maryvale Hospital Medical Center
Banner Estrella Medical Center
CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
Phoenix Baptist Hospital
St Luke's Medical Center
Phoenix Indian Medical Center
Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Phoenix Baptist Hospital Med Center
St. Luke`s HospitalBethlehem
West Valley Hospital
46 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Abington Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions5251 W Campbell Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Alan Dessen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.