Dr. Mahlon A Dickens Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Mahlon A Dickens?

Find another ophthalmology pratice

letter to Dr. Dickens Dr. M. Alan Dickens 10/26/2017 RE: post op exam Sir, I refuse to go to the Durant Rd. location for post op exam. I drove a “trial” run to the Durant location today. With my vision as poor as it is, I do not drive the belt line. Even driving under the speed limit on secondary roads, I had two near miss car accidents. I am not going to risk my life trying to save my sight. Dr. Wiggins referred me to an ophthalmologist that had offices on Executive Drive and surgery was to be done at Wake Med. I knew that I could not find transportation to Executive Drive or Wake Med., so I did a series of Google searches and found Raleigh Ophthalmology. If the person, who scheduled the initial consultation, advised me that all post op exams would be at locations other than the Blue Ridge location I would have continued my search for an ophthalmologist. If the person who scheduled the surgery and post op exam had listen to me as I tried to explain I could not find transportation to the Durant location instead of getting an attitude with “you’ll just have to find someone to be with you. Not all of us can live near where we work. ” I would not have the need to write this letter. The relatives I had in the Raleigh area died; friends that at one time would have gone with me to the Durant location have had strokes, and heart attacks. As one alone I’m doing the best as I can; however, I do need some co-operation. Medicare will not pay for another consultation with another ophthalmologist so here we are. Yes, I do need cataract surgery. There is no debate on that subject. There are qualified ophthalmologist at your Blue Ridge location that could do a post op exam and would remove the need to go to the Durant Dr location. Please advise response Unfortunately, Dr. Dickens can only see his one day postops at the Durant Road location because that is where he is one day after his surgeries. I am sorry that this location does not work for your needs. Our other option is to have another doctor in our practice do your surgery who can accommodate your need for the Blue Ridge Road office. The surgeon who does your surgery is going to need to see you one day after your surgery. This will necessitate another evaluation by that surgeon and then getting on their surgery schedule. You want the doctor who is going to do your surgery to do his or her own exam prior to your surgery and after your surgery for continuity of care. Please let us know how we can help you. I will be happy to make you an appointment with another surgeon in the practice who sees their postops in the Blue Ridge office. I am very sorry the locations were not addressed with you when you made your initial appointment. Sincerely, Shelley Averette, COT for Dr. M. Alan Dickens

Excellent

Dr. Dickens is a glaucoma specialist. I've been a patient for many years. Together we have been able to control the disease. I see him at the Durant Road office. Virtually no wait, friendly staff, even parking is excellent.

Dr Dickens has been treating my glaucoma for about 15 years. He and the staff have been wonderful to work with. I would recommend them very highly to anyone.

When I would come in for an appointment, this doctor would spend about 2 minutes with me. Really! I timed him one time.

2 surgeries for cataract removal & lens implant

I'd been requiring reading glasses for several years and both eyes were declining for distance sight, especially at night.I now drive anytime with no problems and I can read 8 point type, all with no glasses.I literally wouldn't take a million dollars for what Dr. Dickens did.

Terrible

Dr. Dickens is an egotist, and only sees his patients for about a minute a visit after you've waited for over an hour to see him. Do not choose this dr if you have glaucoma.

EVERYONE INVOLVED WAS VERY ATTENTIVE AND DR. DICKENS CALLED THE NIGHT OF THE SURGERY TO CHECK ON ME, AND THAT MEANT A LOT TO ME, I HAD WORN GLASSES FOR 55 YR, NOW I DON'T EVEN NEED READING GLASSES