Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer
Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Gurnee, IL, with other offices in Pleasant Prairie, WI and Lake Villa, IL . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Gegenheimer is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer has 3 locations
9697 Saint Catherines Dr Ste 200
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Book Online Now
Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer has the following 17 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Injuries
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer - Posted on August 18th, 2018
I was referred to Dr Gegenheimer by ER Dr. I met Dr. Gegenheimer I have extreme anxiety but I was comfortable with him and did not feel like a rushed number and told him my finger wasn't my only ailment and he checked even my other issues which I would have to be seen for thoroughly at a later time focus was getting surgery for the finger and what beautiful work...you could never even tell there had been a cyst there much less surgery. My chronic issue I am in therapy for and that seems to be going very well feels I am getting stronger and other issues resolving as well.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer - Posted on November 13th, 2017
In 2005 Dr Gegenheimer performed emergency surgery on my husband left elbow after falling off a roof. He did an amazing job . When I broke my ankle in 2012 and needed surgery, I knew who to call. Dr Gegenheimer performed the surgery and fixed my ankle and yes he fixed it so good that barely a scar and I can wear heels!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer - Posted on September 12th, 2016
Dr. Gegenheimer is very sensitive to your pain and is very though in his exam, very knowledgeable and pretty accurate in his prognosis. Dr. Gegenheimer also takes the time to explain in English term whatâs wrong and how he will fix the issue. Dr. Gegenheimer is a Superb doctor I don't trust anyone else and definitely I would recommend Dr. Gegenheimer in a heartbeat..
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer - Posted on April 26th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer - Posted on September 13th, 2015
It's been my pleasure to be treated by Dr Alan Gegenheimer Since 2002. Previously with Adult & Pediatric Orthopedics in Vernon Hills Illinois, he has recently moved his practice to United Bone And Joint out Gurnee Illinois and Pleasant Prairie Wisc. Thirteen years later, four surgeries and several orthopedic consults / treatments I am healthy and pain free. Dr Alan Gegenheimer is truly a gifted surgeon and doctor. He is innovative and diverse. On a scale of one to ten, Dr G's bedside manner is a ten. I highly recommend this most qualified orthopedic surgeon.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gegenheimer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1988
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
More about Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer
Treat patients like family and get patients bact to peak performance as quickly as possible.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer, DO - Orthopaedic Surgery in Gurnee, IL, in this video.
Dr. Alan P Gegenheimer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gurnee, IL.