Dr. Alan Gober Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Gober?

Best Pediatrician Ever

Posted on May 18th, 2016

Dr. Gober has been the pediatrician for two generations in our family, and would be for a 3rd if he had office in Hagerstown. It's just too far to drive to Rockville. He actually answers the office phone if the assistant isn't available. I can't say enough good about him. He gave my daughter injections without her even knowing it was done. No tears.

Worth the drive

Posted on March 12th, 2013

I have six children and have been using Dr. Gober for almost 20 years. He is definitely old-school in the way he provides care himself and does not rely on a nurse or PA to provide the first line of treatment. When I first started using him, I only lived about 10 minutes from his Gaithersburg office. I now live about 45 minutes away but would never even consider using anyone else. He has always been available when needed and returns calls even at night and on the weekends. In response to a previous review claiming that he forces immunizations on his patients, this is completely contrary to my experience. I was concerned about giving my children the chicken pox vaccine and preferred that they contract the disease naturally. Despite the fact that the vaccine was recommended, he allowed us to postpone the shot until we were eventually forced into it by the school system. He has been great with our kids and always provides understandable explanations to any questions.

Spectacular Diagnostician

Posted on March 4th, 2013

I have three children, and have been seeing him for over 20 years. He has diagnosed issues in my children so quickly that even his peers were impressed. He listens patiently and answers all questions about his diagnosis and treatment. I have never left without completely understanding what he is doing. He whips out his pen and writes on the paper covering his examination table to do so. He follows up to check on my children. My college age student even received a call from him when she was traveling overseas. He cares. His referrals to specialists have been amazing. I have sent my friends to him when they are frustrated with their pediatricians and he has helped them. And his staff is unbelievably warm and friendly and good with both parents and children. He is probably the only pediatrician left that measures out and gives his own shots. And after seeing another comment, I must say, that he has never forced an immunization upon us and explains them all. So as you can see, we feel lucky that he is our pediatrician. My children -- all girls -- trust him and know that he always will have the answer.

Posted on November 25th, 2012

I stopped taking my child to Alan Gober, but not soon enough. I believe his authoritarian attitude about vaccinations cause autism in my child. He would enter the exam room with a syringe in hand, then administer a vaccine before I had the opportunity to ask what it was for. In addition, I discovered he was giving more vaccinations more often than other pediatricians. I now have an autistic child who was once bright, lively, and just like all other kids. If you question him about reading this review - he will defend himself, and probably say autism is not caused by vaccines. I'm certain there are others like me whose children Gober has ruined for life. Gober is a tyrant who won't even work with other doctors, I was afraid to question him because his responses were so opinionated. I live with the sorrow of a child born normal, but who became autistic after Dr. Gober's intense regime of vaccines. Find a pediatrician who won't damage your child. After it's done, there is no recourse.

cash in pockets

Posted on October 19th, 2011

it is sad that Dr. Gober is more concerned with cashing a check than the csre and welfare of his patients. He refuses to bill insurance companies, leaving custodial parents to pay for bills that should be paid by ex-spouses. He only makes a difficult matter worse.

Posted on September 9th, 2011

Dr. Gober is experienced, up to date, efficient, and takes my phone calls when I have questions about my son. Due to work relocation my son had seen 3 other pediatricians prior to him. My husband is very picky with doctors and he is even pickier about our son's doctors. So far, everyone is happy with Dr. Gober.

Great Doctor!

Posted on November 20th, 2008

Dr. Gober is the best - sometimes you have to wait a little for him because he doesn't turn patients away that need to see him. But when it's your turn it's all about your child. He's up front and honest and leads you down the path to make the best medical decisions for your kids.

Posted on December 16th, 2016