Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan M Golichowski has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Premature Labor
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
This doctor was recommended to me because he was supposed to be the "best of the best." He was my primary OB. He never once measured me, examined me, and showed very little interest in my chronic condition, even though it can be very dangerous. I had my baby at 29 weeks. She was in NICU for two months. I feel like that if I had chosen a different doctor, I would have had a very different outcome. Also, at my 6 week check up, he never even examined me, even though I had internal stitches. He walked in looked at me and said you look good and walked out!I was put in the hospital a few weeks before the preterm labor, and that's what he did then also. The other doctors had suggested I stay a few days, he walked in looked at me (I do mean just looked, not examined) and sent me home. Please do not go to this doctor. I don't want anyone to get the kind of care that I received.
I was diagnosed with cholestasis of pregnancy which is a liver condition that can cause still births. When I went to see this doctor about when I should deliver, he hadn't even looked at my chart. I had to tell him the reason I was there. Then, he proceeded to tell me that this was not what was wrong with me (even though I have all of the symptoms and a liver specialist diagnosed me) and that I was fine. He didn't explain how I magically healed over night, but said he thought that it "might be" a gallstone but wasn't sure. Then, he walked out of the room. He hadn't even looked at all of my chart when he was telling me this. This was the worst doctor I've ever seen. My child's life could be at risk and he completely blew it off like I was wasting his time. I will never go back there again!
The staff was wonderful and the saving grace to the experience. He was very dismissive to my concerns and when having to be wheeled to his office from labor & delivery due to pre-term labor, I think my concerns were somewhat valid.Thankfully, due to the actions of my primary OB I made it to full term.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
44 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Alan M Golichowski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIu Health University Hospital, 550 University Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Alan M Golichowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.