Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan W Gruning
Dr. Alan W Gruning, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Myers, FL, with another office in Fort Myers, FL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Gruning is affiliated with Charlotte Regional Medical Center. Dr. Gruning has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan W Gruning has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alan W Gruning has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Alan W Gruning has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I was desperate for help so I flew from Kansas to see Dr. Gruning in Florida. This is the first time a physician actually took adequate TIME reviewing my symptoms and was able to explain exactly what was going wrong in my cells. He answered ALL my endless questions and did not rush me. I felt heard, understood and left with HOPE.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gruning is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Kansas City University Of Medicine And Biosciences
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan W Gruning in this video.
Dr. Alan W Gruning is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.