Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan H Wang
Dr. Alan H Wang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Warrenville, IL, with other offices in Naperville, IL and Yorkville, IL (and 2 other locations). He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wang has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan H Wang has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan H Wang has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Nutritional Support
Dr. Alan H Wang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
I'm not sure how anyone could say anything bad about this man. And the few negative comments written on this web page absolutely do not reflect who this doctor is. It just goes to show you that there are people out there who can never be pleased. I have many medical problems and I see many doctors over the last few decades. Dr. Wang is by far and away the best of the Best.
This is absolutely the worst, cold, unprofessional, arrogant man much less doctor I have ever met and I have worked in the medical field for over 30 years. There is something missing in this man. Totally unempathetic and just downright mean! I don't know how else to say it and I don't know how to explain it.
This factor has no bedside manner. He completely discounted my complaints and made me feel silly for being upset about symptoms that had been affecting my daily life for over six months. After my colonoscopy, when I had JUST woken up, he popped into my room for about 30 seconds and said "It's probably just anxiety, everything looks fine". At which point he left. After they got my biopsy back, which showed that I had H-Pylori (and I wasn't crazy), there was NO follow up from him at all. No wonder I was able to get in for an appointment with him the same day I called. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Alan H Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alan H Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenville, IL.