Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan W Hackford has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bowel Resection
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Hackford went above and beyond to try to save my continent ileostomy (I had it for 35 years). I can't thank him enough for that. I am very fortunate that my husband found him 15 years ago, as there were no doctors in the Boston area who knew about the Kock pouch never mind operate on one, as he did a revision for me back then and it was a breeze (for me) and he gave me 15 more years with the continent ileostomy. I now have a conventional ileostomy and am lucky to have that because of all my (7) surgeries. If you need a an excellent Dr. call him now - don't wait.
I had an appt w/ Dr. Hackford today, and going in for such crazy stuff like pain in my bum can be really embarrassing, but he was really great - took time to explain everything to me, kinda cracked a couple jokes, just very, very nice. Couldn't have been more pleased. Also, a Doctor Strom worked with him- a much younger doctor, and he was incredibly kind, too.
Dr. Alan Hackford made a very disrespectful and unprofessional comment about the purpose of my visit that I involuntarily heard when I was waiting for him at the exam room. There are not words to describe the uncomfortable situation of putting yourself on hands of physician that without actually even looking at you already has a judgmental and poorly attitude toward his patient. This is my first time with this doctor and for sure it will be my last. He forgot to express professionalism at when he approached me with question about my case in front of practicing students, sounded like my situation was a lose of his time. I will definitive dont recommend this doctor.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hackford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Alan W Hackford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSmg General Surgery At St Elizabeths Medical Center, 11 Nevins St Ste 201, Brighton, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan W Hackford in this video.
Dr. Alan W Hackford is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Brighton, MA.