Dr Alan Hilibrand Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr Alan Hilibrand?

In pain

Posted on November 27th, 2017

I went to Dr. Hilibrand. He said I need surgery on spine but it’s not a straight forward surgery to release stenosis pressure on my spine. He and his fellow spent an hour examining me and then he said well your BMI is too high so I can’t operate. Lose weight and go to Physical Therapy. I understand the weight thing but I am angry that I would be put through an exam of bending, walking, etc, just to be told you need surgery but sorry your too fat too have it done. You weighed me when I walked in so they knew surgery wasn’t an option. I have no problem being told no due to my weight. The weight issue is my own fault. I would have appreciated them looking at my MRI results and saying you need surgery but we can’t help you right now due to your weight. I don’t appreciate being examined by two Physicians for over an hour when they already knew surgery wasn’t an option. So I’m in excruciating pain. I can’t work, I can’t walk more then a block, I can’t sleep, etc. so I need to lose weight and go to physical therapy. So this just means months or years of pain. I have had back problems for 30 years so I guess it’s my destiny to suffer. Thanks for nothing.

Posted on August 1st, 2017

Very happy with my recent back surgery. I am pain free thanks to Dr. Hilibrand. He told me he could help me and he did

Posted on May 12th, 2017

Brilliant. He fixed my back perfectly. No more back pain. Thank you Doctor

The surgery on my spine was very successful. I had been incapacitated for most of the day b/c of the stenosis pinching my sciatic nerve. The day after surgery they got me up and the pain running down the back of my legs was gone

Posted on February 18th, 2017

Our relationship with our surgeon

Posted on October 14th, 2016

Courteous, kind, and truly tries to figure out how to correct our problems . Spends a lot of time determining what course to take . My husband and I both feel very comfortable in his care.

Patient

Posted on May 11th, 2016

If there were more than 5 stars, Dr. Hilibrand deserves every one of them. My quality of life was slowly deteriorating for about 2 years until my surgery. Dr. Hilibrand's analysis of my condition, his focus on the detail, fully explaining my situation, his recommendation to correct it, his personal interest in me and my recovery, and obviously his superior skill as a surgeon has given me back me. 2 days out of surgery I was walking and completely out of pain (a little stiff, but no real pain). 1 month out of surgery and I have returned to the "old me" - no pain or numbness, full range of motion, back in the gym, and doing all the things that were so painful to do before. At all times, Dr. Hilibrand kept me fully informed of my status and the "next steps" (initial office evaluation / pre-op the day of surgery / post-op immediately following surgery / consultation prior to leaving the hospital / follow up office visit) - and he was "dead on" accurate! In my opinion (and I have been seen and treated by many orthopedic surgeons), Dr. Hilibrand is the best by far. I would not hesitate for one second to totally recommend him to family, close friends, and even total strangers. I know he must hear this many times over, but, Thank You Dr. Hilibrand for giving me back my quality of life.

Thanks for the awesome outcome after major surgery

Posted on March 31st, 2016

It's now 9 months since MAJOR surgery performed by Dr Hilibrand The outcome is phenomenal. Before surgery I couldn't stand or walk without severe pain. I can now do everything even jog. Both Dr Hilibrand and his nurse Jody Walters were fantastic. They always took their time to help me and answer questions. I also give myself a lot of credit since I did everything I was told to do even if I didn't like to. Would recommend Dr Hilibrand to anyone with back problems.

Posted on December 1st, 2015

After a very long surgery, 8 hrs, and the fusion of L2, 3, 4, 5 the outcome was great!!! I can now walk and stand without pain. Would definitely recommend him to all that need back surgery!!!!! WONDERFUL SURGEON!!!

Back surgery

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Definitely would recommend Dr. Hilibrand as I felt very comfortable and never rushed. It was a big decision to have back surgery and the doctor and his office took it seriously. On follow up Dr. Hilibrand's nurse assistant always answered questions and concerns with a sensitive and timely matter.

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Went from spending the rest of my life in a motorized cart to having my life back!!! THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO ENJOY LIFE AGAIN

Trust him with my life

Posted on September 30th, 2015

Having your cervical spine (neck) fused its a very scary undertaking but she you trust the doctor and their staff out makes it much better. I was 31 when i first saw the doctor and he calmed my fears i knew i was in the right hands. He explained everything in detail and if i liked confused he put it all in nine medical terms.

Posted on September 8th, 2015

Don't go to this guy.

Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, We would love the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. If interested in discussing further, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Thank you, Rothman Institute