Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan P Hillstead has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Nerve Block
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 7
After seeing Dr Hilsted I felt worse than before- not in terms of Pain but on how I was treated. I came away feeling like a drug seeking criminal addict - which I can tell you I am Not. He made me do an uranalisis and would only prescribe me a 2 week supply of the pain med I'd been on for almost 20 years. He said my dose was Extremely high. But research shows I'm on the average to low dose for my conditions. He said he would Decide to treate me based on the next uranalisis in 2 weeks. He was very Cold, impersonal, arrogant. And not at all spympathetic. There is no way I can see this troll of a doctor helping me manage my pain - let alone try to Reduce it. I was humiliated and as a 64 yr old woman I should not have been made to feel that way. Do not go see this Doctor H unless you want to be treated like a drug seeking addict. His Horrible bed side manner was enough to send me into an anxiety attack requiring more medication- just the opposite of what I went there for. There are other options out there besides this horrible man so do your research and stay away from Dr Hilsted.
12 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Alan P Hillstead accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alan P Hillstead is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.