Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan C Howell has 2 locations
4404 19th St Ste C
Lubbock, TX 79407
2401 S 31st St
Temple, TX 76508
Book Online Now
Dr. Alan C Howell has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan C Howell has the following 10 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan C Howell - Posted on July 16th, 2016
I will never go to this doctor again. he is uncaring. he did not do anything to help me, yet he wants me to keep coming back. why? he doesn't do anything. he didn't even examine me! billed for the full amount though. i think that he has poor clinical judgement. he seems to have limited knowledge. arrogant.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan C Howell - Posted on July 20th, 2015
Alan has been my doctor for many years and I don't know where I would be now if it wasn't for Alan. He has a wealth of knowledge and is always learning and willing to pass this on to his patients. His pain management classes are just so valuable. He believes we as patients need to take charge of our pain. We has given me endless helpful information to help with daily pain management.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan C Howell - Posted on January 13th, 2012
Dr. Howell is a truly caring, professional, very knowledgeable physician. He sits down with you like a real person and discusses your concerns, diagnoses, and treatment plan in great detail. He goes beyond the scope to answer your questions. I wish I could have him as my doctor for all of my ailments, not just what I see him for. He is an all around wonderful physician!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan C Howell - Posted on February 17th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Alan C Howell Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alan C Howell's office for more information.
4404 19th St Ste C Lubbock, TX : (806) 795-8150
2401 S 31st St Temple, TX 76508
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan C Howell, MD - Infectious Disease in Lubbock, TX, in this video.
Dr. Alan C Howell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.