Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Barnes MD
Dr. Alan Barnes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cherry Hill, NJ, with other offices in Hanscom Afb, MA and Gainesville, FL (and 2 other locations). He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Barnes is affiliated with Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Barnes has 5 locations
90 Vandenberg Dr
Hanscom Afb, MA 01731
8491 NW 39th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32606
840 37th Pl
Vero Beach, FL 32960
64 Main St
Keene, NH 03431
Dr. Alan Barnes has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Alan Barnes has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Alan Barnes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan Barnes - Posted on February 3rd, 2011
Exceptional Doctor-Dr.Alan J. Barnes
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan Barnes - Posted on October 15th, 2009
D.Alan J. Barnes is a very Caring and Understanding Doctor! He does not look at his patients/clients as a number or a label, but as people who are seeking help, and he uses his knowledge and caring for people to help them as far as he can to make their lives better or at least tolerable! He is not like most doctors! He really cares about his patients/clients for GOD HAS GIVEN him This CARING for people!!!! We in Massachusetts who went to him know from experience of that Caring!!!!Thank You for the opportunity to express my opinion! Polar 2
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida
47 Years Experience
McGill University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Alan Barnes Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan Barnes, MD - Psychiatry in Cherry Hill, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Alan Barnes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.