Dr. Alan J Cohen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Alan J Cohen?

dismissive and neglegent

He ran only two tests, made some reference to doing a urinalysis on the weekend when I'm "not at work" (when my condition has me mostly housebound), and stopped my primary physician from referring me to another endocrinologist who would actually listen to me and run a full lab work-up. Because of him, I am unable to see any other endo in the Baptist health group and have to switch to another primary doc who is not in that group either. Meanwhile, my health has been deteriorating significantly. If I had the energy, I would probably sue him.

Outstanding Doctor

Dr. Cohen was friendly and personable and explained everything to my satisfaction. Including the plan for treatment, and what the steps would be. He answered all of my questions. I am very comfortable being under his care.

Dr. Cohen stands out

I saw Dr. Cohen yesterday, and was a previous patient 5 years ago. Not only is Dr. Cohen the most knowledgeable endocrinologist that I have seen, he has THE BEST ability to communicate of any specialist that I have ever met, either as a patient or in a professional setting. If I'm being honest, most endocrinologist are quirky, and diabetes focused to the point of being ignorant about other problems. Not Dr. Cohen. The staff at the endocrine clinic are not the most professional, and the phlebotomist was not the best, but overall, its worth it to see Dr. Cohen.

Dr. Cohen has cared for my daughter with hypothyroidism, now 13, since birth. He is caring & knowledgeable. I would not only encourage, but urge anyone searching for a partner in their child's care to see Dr. Cohen.

This man is one of the rudest men I have ever been to. After I had my thyroid rmoved I went back in for a checkup and I told him that I was still having hypo symptoms and unable to lose weight. He smuggly said to me and I quote" Its' not your thyroid" go back to your primary and discuss it with him." Now tell me this is proper treatment. He is a word I can't say on here but I think you can figure it out. I would not go back to him if he were the last endo in memphis.

Dr. Cohen has been my sister's MD for many years. He is unbelievable in zeroing in on issues and is right on EVERY time when he offers solutions/makes adjustments. Highly recommend to anyone looking for the best!

What a GREAT doctor. My son has many physical and mental disabilties along with his endocrine problems. Dr Cohen has been so wonderful and caring. I love that if I have any questions, he will take the extra time to answer them. And sometimes even draw you a picture! Thanks Dr.Cohen! You're the best.

My Experience-Great doctor in the beginning...not so great when you are a long term patient.

I have been a patient of Dr. Cohen's since 1999 when I was diagnosed and treated for thyroid cancer. Over the past ten years he has tested my blood levels and provided me prescrip. refills for thyroid hormone. Recently, I have had other problems arise (diagnosed with osteopenia I am only 38 yrs. old, gastroperisis, dermatitis, and various other problems that indicate I may likely now have other endocrine issues at the root of these conditions)Therefore my internal med. doc and other doctors have referred me back to Dr. Cohen to investigate. During my last visit he laughed at me and my other phycisans for even suggesting I should have him look into the problems. He conducted some bloodwork in order to "pacify" me although not thorough enough to distinguish adrenal fatigue only enough to rule out Addison's disease and the like. In the beginning Dr. Cohen was great as the years pass he seems to be more interested in providing thyroid hormone refills to me and does not take me or my medical problems seriously although they have affected my life to the point I am now on disability. I was not only disappointed by the lack of concern but hurt as well since I have been a long time patient of his and have never had any issues like these until the past year and a half or so. It is important that doctors realize that as their patients go through life and age that medical conditions may arise and their patients should be taken seriously and treated with respect.

The BEST doctor I have ever been to!

Dr. Cohen is a wonderful Dr. My son was Dx a year and a half ago and I do not know what I would do without him being there to help us. Thanks so mich Dr Cohen.

Dr. Alan J Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.