Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan J Garber MD
Dr. Alan J Garber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan J Garber has 2 locations
1709 Dryden Rd Ste 750
Houston, TX 77030
1 Baylor Plz # BCM620
Houston, TX 77030
Book Online Now
Dr. Alan J Garber has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan J Garber has the following 16 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan J Garber - Posted on November 15th, 2018
I found Dr Garber to be efficient ,polite, professional. I had my questions answered and felt confident with my exam
Doctor Garber is the very best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan J Garber - Posted on August 4th, 2018
Saved my life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan J Garber - Posted on August 1st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan J Garber - Posted on June 20th, 2017
Dr. Alan J Garber Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alan J Garber's office for more information.
1709 Dryden Rd Ste 750 Houston, TX : (281) 814-4286
1 Baylor Plz # BCM620 Houston, TX 77030
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alan J Garber is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Houston, TX.