Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Jakins
Dr. Alan Jakins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roswell, NM. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Jakins is affiliated with Eastern New Mexico Medical Center and Lincoln County Medical Center. Dr. Jakins has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Jakins has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Alan Jakins has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 11
Doctor argued with me about prescribed meds for diabetes. Insisted I take Actos which if you don't have HEART problems could ultimately give you HEART problems. Wouldn't change the prescription, so I have not been back. Was advised by another physician that I had gained a heart problem and now I have to have heart meds with me at all times and am on aspirin daily!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jakins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center
Lincoln County Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University of Guadalajara, Mexico
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions110 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM
Dr. Alan Jakins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roswell, NM.