Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan B Kadet has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
You must be a member of his practice (2600.00 annually) in order to get care. That is not for me.
- Not a good doctor. I saw him when I lived in NYC. I was disappointed. I am surprised and skeptical by all the all-praise, no-problem reviews. - Spends almost no time with you - like 1-3 minutes. - Has the vibe of someone who is just doing this to get your co-pay and insurance coverage payment and move on - like he has figured out the system and operates a well-oiled machine for highest cost profit. Does not listen much, does not spend almost any time with you as a patient, which can lead to delaying diagnosis or mis-diagnosis. - Does not write any of your concerns or discussion in your file (at least in my case) - Calls you about blood results, but only at 5 am. And if you try to call him back, is hard to get in touch with. - Has a rude staff - very unprofessional and angry nurse (older Russian woman) (or PA, don't know what she is) who frequently leaves bruises when she takes blood and it really hurts (vs other offices where blood taking does not hurt, in my experience with a medical condition warranting frequent blood tests at one time). He also has a very rude front desk assistant (woman named Jen, I think). - Does NOT have walk ins anymore which was a big plus. - Has short office hours - I think only until 1:30 pm year round (but phones are cut off earlier like 1 pm usually in my experience). I think on Fridays the office closes at 12 (possibly that's only during the summer time). It's not just the doctor who is no longer available - it's the entire office that closes down so you cannot get through to his staff or even an answering service. - Does not have any co-doctor, so the fact that the office closes early is hard. - Does not take a history when you meet him (though maybe after complaints, that will change if you see him). - The positives: Does give blood labs and other results easily through email or print out/mail, which is helpful. And the walk-ins were helpful, but do not exist any longer.
Do you have any idea how much your doctor chargers per hour? Or in my case, per five minute visit? As a long time and loyal patient, I woke up sick recently and needed a z-pack. I traveled to and from Brooklyn, to essentially get a prescription. Turns out, with my new insurance, with no co-pay, they sent me a bill a month later, telling me no, they actually don't take my insurance, leaving me with a $200 bill. So much for the no copay! While Dr. Kadet is a nice guy, his office staff can be rude, asking every time, for over ten years, if I'm a new patient? While I understand he needs to make a living too, if they make the mistake saying they accept my insurance, and see me, then renege on it, it's their fault. You've lost a patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2010, 2015, 2013, 2016, 2011, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2014, 2016, 2010, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
37 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1981
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Dr. Alan B Kadet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlan Bruce Kadet Md, 65 Central Park W Apt 1G, New York, NY
Dr. Alan B Kadet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.