Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan L Kalischer
Dr. Alan L Kalischer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fanwood, NJ. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kalischer is affiliated with Jfk Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center and St Barnabas Medical Center. Dr. Kalischer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan L Kalischer has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan L Kalischer has the following 15 expertise
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Diseases
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Alan L Kalischer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alan L Kalischer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
The office staff is arogant and cold. Everyone appears to have an "attitude", including the doctor who is abrupt, rude and indifferent. I also got the impression that he had a temper. He didn't like it when I questioned him about my condition and made me feel like I challenged him. I simply wanted a clear and concise explanation of my diagnosis. Went a couple of times and found myself a new doctor.
I was completely disappointed with my experience at this office and with Dr. Kalischer. The office staff could not be more rude. Dr. Kalischer himself actually amde me feel like he was doing me a huge favor by seeing me. I was nervous, as I am only 44 years old and did not expect any sort of heart problem. When I said I was nervous while he was doing a sonogram on my heart he let me know, in no uncertain terms, that he would not "deal" with a patient who couldn't handle the diagnosis. It's funny how you think of all the right things to say once you leave. Wish I would have asserted myself more and let him know that how he treats people is important. Maybe he was having a bad day, but I have found another doctor.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Kalischer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1977
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Alan L Kalischer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWestfield Cardiology, 313 South Ave Ste 202, Fanwood, NJ
Dr. Alan L Kalischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fanwood, NJ.