Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan C Keys has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Alan C Keys has the following 3 expertise
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Alan C Keys has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alan C Keys is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Keys was very attentive to my husbands needs and concerns. He did not rush my husband through the exam process and he gave a detailed explanation of the surgical process to be performed. We were very pleased with his care! Some of his staff, however, were rude and abrupt when I called to make his follow up appointment and inquire about incisional care. I did not feel that the staff reflect the professionalism that Dr. Keys would expect of them. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1985
Carilion Health System
Dr. Alan C Keys accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlan Keys Surgical Pa, 232 Jefferson St, North Wilkesboro, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan C Keys in this video.
Dr. Alan C Keys is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Wilkesboro, NC.