Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan Summers has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 111
How can people blame the staff for what Dr. Summers was doing? He was the doctor and the staff just worked for him. The staff didn't prescribe you any medication he did. All the money we spent he kept not the staff. As for Peter and Sandy I think the did the best job they could under the circumstances of that office. Every time I needed something I went to Sandy or Peter and had to wait for them because 20 people needed them all at once but once I talked to either of them my problem was fixed. The real problem at that office was Rochelle and that hooker Donna. Rochelle was the worst! When Peter and Sandy came back the office actually ran kinda smooth for seeing 10000000 patients a day. I would ask Rochelle to do something and it never got done. As for that girl Donna, she was not even a therapist! What a joke! How can you lie to us and say your a therapist when your not when she knew we needed to see a LICENSED therapist for our pre auths to go through. What a scam. I'm glad he is shut down but for the people bashing Sandy or Peter that's not fair because they were doing the best they could.
Dr. Summers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1971
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Alan Summers accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions111 N 49th St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Alan Summers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.