Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Lisbon MD
Dr. Alan Lisbon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with other offices in Lawrence, MA and Plymouth, MA (and 1 other location). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Lisbon is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Good Samaritan Medical Center and Landmark Medical Center-Woonsocket Unit. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Lisbon has 4 locations
1 General St
Lawrence, MA 01841
275 Sandwich St
Plymouth, MA 02360
133 Brookline Ave
Boston, MA 02215
Dr. Alan Lisbon has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Alan Lisbon has the following 3 expertise
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Alan Lisbon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Lisbon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Luke's Hospital of New Bedford
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - West Campus
Associate Chief, Department of Anesthesia at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
41 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Alan Lisbon Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alan Lisbon's office for more information.
1 Deaconess Rd Boston, MA : (617) 667-3000
1 General St Lawrence, MA 01841
275 Sandwich St Plymouth, MA 02360
133 Brookline Ave Boston, MA 02215
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan Lisbon, MD - Anesthesiology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Alan Lisbon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.