Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan Burke has the following 3 specialties
- Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
An orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon can consult and operate on injuries and issues that may affect the bones, muscles, tendons, cartilage, ligaments and joints in your foot and ankle. Arthritis, bunions and flat feet are just a few of the issues that a foot and ankle surgeon might help you with.
Any kind of reconstructive surgery or surgery needed to treat a sports-related injury would also land you in the care of a foot and ankle surgeon. However, beyond surgery, they can also offer other treatment options such as physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
Showing 5 of 17
My quality of life has changed dramaticly in the 2 years dr Burke has treated me. Dr and his staff actully know your name without needing your chart. Dr talked to me about stem cell shots instead of knee surgery for a mcl tear and I was fully recovered in a few months without the surgery. Stern cell the way to go . Thanks again doc
The Teaching Dr. spent all the time with us. Dr. Burk, just ignored me as a parent being there. He would not look as you as you spoke, he would just keep typing. He was no help at all, and didn't offer any other suggestions. I was in a serious accident, and he says, take muscle relaxers, and antidepressants. That is not fixing the pain, I have been in for 3yrs. He is extremely unpersonable. I would never recommend him to anyone. We were there for about 3hrs. for that.
Dr. Burke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph's Hospital/Philadelphia
Dr. Alan Burke accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDpmpunniprpa LLC, 1923 Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Alan Burke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.