The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan M Mantell has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Basal Cell
- Light Therapy (Phototherapy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I went for an annual checkup because I have melanoma in the family. He didn't provide a gown - told me to life up my shirt! I have had this exam many times in the past and what he gave was a cursory glance in a few places. Offered to remove a scabby spot, 2 seconds - $125. The 5 min. exam was $150. He said I could come back next year if I want to. Forget that - I'll just look in the mirror.
I went in with specific (and long-standing) complaints, and asked specifically that tests be run to check for bacterial skin infections, etc.I asked that removal and biopsy of a particularly problematic area be removed and sent to pathology.He looked for maybe 3 minuts, didn't answer half my questions, and jumped up, saying it was "Vulvodynia" Which is not a diagnosis at all. It is a group of symtoms that may or may not have anything to do with my problem.He diagnosed a vague, quasi-scienctific, and supposedly chronic/incurable condition with only his eyes and in under 5 minutes?I'd seen ten doctors before him, ranging in specialty, and not one of them tried to shoo me off with that. One of my doctors even called such a 'diagnosis' "Crap".So, here I am with no tests done, no actual effort by him to figure it out,and could have skipped the appointment for all the good it did me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
50 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1968
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Alan M Mantell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAlan Martin Mantell Md, 1818 Verdugo Blvd Ste 304, Glendale, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan M Mantell in this video.
Dr. Alan M Mantell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.