Dr. Alan Matsumoto Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Alan Matsumoto?

Big lie

Posted on July 6th, 2017

They don't treat everyone the same. I was treated like I was not a human being. The front desk staff didn't even look at me when I signed in. They were rude and they feel superior. They tried to make me feel inferior because I am hispanic. I was treated badly and no one apologized. I left the office not only humiliated but without the medical care I came in for.

One of the worst I've seen

Posted on December 29th, 2015

I chose Dr. Matsumoto because, like most fibro patients, I am at the end of the line as far as conventional treatment options and his bio said he was interested in experimental therapies. I spent hours compiling my complicated patient history into an easy to read document to make my health changes and medication trials as easy to understand as possible. He did not even look at it. He started the appointment by implying I didn't even need a doctor ("You've already been dealing with this a long time; why are you seeing a rheumatologist now?"), laughed in my face when I told him something he didn't know about and he didn't believe me (now I always bring the actual journal articles with me), and told me there were no experimental treatments for fibro. When I pointed out to him the experimental therapies I was considering and would like to try and why, he refused to prescribe even a trial, despite these being safe, conventional, generic drugs repurposed off-label for use in fibro, not some kind of totally whacko unsupported new-age therapy or something. He badgered me to accept a medication I already knew I couldn't tolerate and was unwilling to take, continued to insist it was my only option and that there wasn't much to be done for fibro, and continued to belittle me throughout the appointment. When I broke down sobbing in his office, he failed to even offer me a tissue. The man is cold, closed-minded, and clearly finds fibromyalgia a boring disease unworthy of his actual attention. Maybe he's better informed on something that captures his interest more, but with a bedside manner like this, I would not recommend him to anyone.

Posted on March 14th, 2014

So thankful to have a diagnosis and being treated - Dr Matsumoto is wonderful and I'm happy to be under his care.

Posted on October 13th, 2013

On the whole, it was a very pleasant office visit. Thank you doctor and staff!

Posted on October 8th, 2013

I had heard excellent reports of Dr. Matsumoto and was not disappointed. Love the fact that you can have X-rays done in the office and get immediately feedback. I have recommended this office to others.

Posted on October 1st, 2013

Dr. Matsumoto is wonderful! He listens well, asks the right questions, and treats me respectfully. The office is well run, and I appreciate the capability to have email reminders.

Great doctor

Posted on July 19th, 2013

I have recommended Dr Matsumoto to friends. I would go back to see him again if I needed his help. He was a good listener and I definitely did not feel rushed.

Posted on July 7th, 2011