Dr. Alan G Micco Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan G Micco?

Worse appointment I've ever been to.

I went in to see this doctor while suffering significant hearing loss and nonstop pain and drainage from both ears. He jerked my head around, spoke to his resident like a dog, and spent an entire three minutes with me before prescribing ear drops which my referring ENT said was absolutely pointless. This guy has a God complex but doesn't come close to delivering and his bedside manner and three-minute appointments are unforgivable.

Excellent Doctor

My experience with Dr. Miccco and his staff was excellent, always curtious, always punctual, always respectful and made things easy for me to be treated.Dr. Micco not only diagnosed my inner ear illness but developed a treatment plan that has brought my life back to normal from what was a dabilitating condition that had made life miserable for the prior two years. I will always be thankful.

Dr. Micco ROCKS

I went to Dr. Micco about six years ago after going to several "specialists" to find out why I was losing my hearing. When no-one else could tell me what was wrong- he did in less than 5 minutes. Then spent over 30 min. explaining my options including non-surgical. Once I decided on surgery, he then spent another 30 min informing me of the risks and possible complications in PLAIN ENGLISH- not "doctor speak". My proceedures went great, and I can hear now because of him!

What sub-specialist?

I went in to get a second opinion from this doctor because he was a sub-specialist of the ear and I thought he could provide me with additional information about current procedures, medicine, and options relating to sudden hearing loss other than an ENT. I was instructed to bring in my MRI so that he could review it, so I thought, but he ended up spending less than 7 minutes with me explaining the same thing as an ENT did and he never reviewed the MRI. What he did offer to do on the spot was to give me a steriod injection to my ear, which I thought was rash and insensitive considering that you would need someone's assistance since there is a large likelyhood of getting severly dizzy after the hour-long procedure (includes appx. 20 min. of lying down afterwards). I never came back.

Dr. Alan G Micco is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Chicago, IL.