Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan N Kaplan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Dr Kaplan is the most compassionate MD i know. As an RN myself, one rarely finds such a doctor so unaffected by his 'status,' and a true genuine man. He & his staff were so welcoming to me and made my visit really comfortable. He is confident in his clinical skills & expertise, and has a fantastic sense of humor that puts one at ease. I recommend Dr. Kaplan to all women who have never felt listened to, or genuinely cared for by a physician. Medicine is truly his passion and it shows in his calming bedside manner.
I have been seeing Dr Kaplan for over 10 years now. He delivered both of my boys, and discovered cervical cancer cells early and was able to treat and cure it before it ever got any further. Dr Kaplan has referred me to every other doctor I have used from pediatricians to therapists. I trust him completely. Every issue I have had, every concern has been addressed. I think the world of Dr Kaplan and would not change him as my doctor for the world. Any other doctor can change for me except Dr. Kap! If you are not yet seeing him I would fully recommend him. It is clear he has your best interest at heart!
Dr. Kaplan worked with me to diagnose by problem, we tried the conservative route first...after no success he talked me through the option of having a robotic hysterectomy. All that he explained to me about the procedure was true... Dr. Kaplan has a great sense of humor and a wonderful bed side manner. I was released from the hospital the following morning, the incisions were very small and I was feeling much better after the first week. The hard part is remembering to take it easy after having a major surgery and feeling so good!
During my first appointment with Dr. Kaplan, he spent over an hour with me, going over items that 2 other gynecologists missed. How many doctors do that nowadays?! That appointment allowed me to make an informed decision to have a hysterectomy. Dr. Kaplan did my hysterectomy robotically. It was my first surgery. I was so impressed with the ease of recovery with minimal pain. I totally recommend the DaVinci robotic surgery.Afterwards, Dr. Kaplan was caring and compassionate with my aftercare. His office staff, including his wife, are also caring and professional with prompt follow-through. I'm so happy I looked further to find Dr. Kaplan. He's great!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2009, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2008, 2010, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Kaplan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Alan N Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlan Newman Kaplan Md, 1776 Ygnacio Valley Rd Ste 104, Walnut Creek, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan N Kaplan in this video.
Dr. Alan N Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.