- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan M Nieder has 3 locations
Dr. Alan M Nieder has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Alan M Nieder has the following 14 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
Patients' Choice Award (2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Alan M Nieder Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Alan M Nieder
Dr. Alan M. Nieder is an Assistant Professor of Urology at Columbia University's Division of Urology at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida. His undergraduate degree is from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and he received his Medical Degree from New York University School of Medicine. Dr. Nieder also completed his urology residency training at New York University Medical Center. He subsequently undertook a fellowship in Urologic Oncology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Nieder's clinical interests are in urologic oncology, laparoscopy and endourology. He has authored numerous publications on bladder and prostate cancer. His research interests are in bladder cancer and specifically in improving outcomes of patients with both non-muscle invasive and invasive bladder cancer. Dr. Nieder is an expert in bladder reconstruction, including neobladders. Dr. Nieder also has a special interest in the complete management of kidney stones, including minimally invasive treatments as well as medical treatments to prevent their recurrence. He has authored and co-authored more than 50 articles, book chapters, and abstracts in the field of urology and urologic oncology. His research has been published in Journal of Urology, Urology, European Urology, Urologic Oncology, among others. He is also an active reviewer and editor of many national and international urologic journals. Dr. Nieder is the Chairman of Urology at Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. Dr. Nieder is extremely interested in medical education and is also the program director of the newly ACGME-accredited Urology Residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. He is also an active member of many urologic societies, including: • The Society of Urologic Oncology • The American Urologic Association • The Southeastern section of the American Urologic Association • The Florida Urologic Association • The Society of University Urologists Dr. Nieder sees patients at both Mount Sinai Medical Center's main campus in Miami Beach, and Mount Sinai Aventura. Dr. Nieder speaks both English and Spanish. To read additional information on Dr. Nieder, click on the link below. Http://columbiaurology.org/about/physicians/alan_nieder.html