Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan P Altman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Pelvic Exam
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I've seen Dr.Altman throughout my two pregnancies at Associates in Ob-Gyn. I always came away from my visits with him feeling confident that he "knows his stuff" and is providing thoughtful and comprehensive care to me - and not just going through the motions to cross one more patient of his daily schedule. I will say that while I've never at all felt like he was rude or condescending, he's not the overly- friendly coddling type. He's a straight shooter and has a bit of a sarcastic sense of humor (never inappropriate), but I like that about him. Much better than a fake-acting doctor who you feel is patronizing you. His offices are nice, as are the staff and the other providers (with the exception of one female doctor, K, who I did not care for. ) They have flexible hours and its easy to schedule appointments at convenient times. Sometimes the wait is a bit longer than I'd like, but such is the nature of the practice I suppose.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Bethesda Oak Hospital
Dr. Alan P Altman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTrihealth Associates In Ob/Gyn, 440 Ray Norrish Dr, Cincinnati, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan P Altman in this video.
Dr. Alan P Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.