2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alan D Piha?

He made me withdraw off of antipsychotic cold turkey which made me very sick andrefused to start me on new medication because no one would give me a pregnancy test. He told me was going to have to drive over an hour to a clinic that would if I wanted to be treated. I offfered to come in and take an on site home test because I could not take the time off work to go to his recommend pregancy center and he told me he refused to accept a home test. He didn't really listen to my issues and complaints and when I suggested a possible problem based on symptoms of past history of me and my family he acted offended.

DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR,!! THERE WAS A WRECK ON THE WAY THERE , I WAS 5 MINUTES LATE AND HE WOULD NOT SEE ME, AND I HAD AN HOUR APPOINTMENT!! THIS IDIOT CARES ONLY ABOUT GETTING MONEY, HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS!!! THIS IS SAD, DO NOT GO HERE!!!

I have been seeing him for 2 years due to low income. I agree with others he makes you answer the same questions on each visit and doesn't let you explain anything. He is rude and short with you. I would not recommend him unless you absolutely had to. I am trying to find me a new Dr now.

Appalled

I had 2 previous sessions with therapists who took down an immense amount of information in regards to my problems, none of which was passed on to Dr.Piha as the conversation started with "I don't know anything about you so I am going to ask you a bunch of questions". He didn't listen to anything I had to say, I was constantly being interrupted while trying to convey answers to questions that he had asked in regards to previously diagnosed conditions, he would cut me off constantly saying "You're complicating things". Within a 5 minute period I was asked 7 different times if I was feeling suicidal, and 4 different times if I was depressed; I'm not the Doctor, it isn't my place to make a diagnosis. His entire attitude changed when he found out I didn't have insurance and was one of "those" patients that was on a low income payment option. He became very brief and at times outright rude with how short he was being. I literally left the office in tears because I had been looking forward to receiving help for going on 3 months jumping through hoops just to get to that appointment, only to be treated like a pariah, and feel worse than when I went in. He was 40 minutes late to my session, I am guessing that due to being one of the "pro-rated" patients, that is the reason why the 40 minutes he spent elsewhere was taken out of my session time and I was rushed out the door for a patient who had insurance. End result, I was shuffled out the door with 90 days of medication after being told that I couldn't be seen again for 3 months. I have never taken medication before, and I have to go the full 90 days before addressing whether or not the treatment is even working. That is 90 days of playing around with brain chemistry that I have to contend with because this "Doctor" couldn't be bothered to actually listen for a moment. The rest of the office staff was very compassionate and friendly. Their offices had been recently remodeled, judging by the lack paint odor, I would say well over a week ago, yet Dr.Piha had his degrees in the floor stacked together leaning against the wall, so full of himself that he didn't feel the need to have them up on the wall; "pure arrogance" pretty much sums it up.

Dr. Piha has been a great doctor. I was wrongly diagnosed by another DR. and it almost cost me my life. I then started to see Dr. Piha, he then figured out what was going on with me , he started to see me at my worse and I can now honestly say I feel better then I have in my life. He has really taken the time to help me, to be honest and gentle at the same time. I just wish that he did not have so many patients.

No compassion-downright rude

Both times I have seen Dr. Piha he was very arrogant and downright rude. He acted as if he was doing me a huge favor by spending 10-15 minutes with me and then rushing me out. I felt as if he was looking down his nose at me and judging me. The most uncomfortable feeling I have ever had with a doctor. He is a very uncompassionate person and I feel worse than I did before I saw him. Needless to say, I will not be going back.....

This doctor should have his Lic-pulled! That pretty much sums this up!!!!

Dr. PIha was a life saver

I went to Dr. Piha about a year ago suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder (I didn't know what was going on at first.). Dr. Piha took his time with me listening, asking questions and showing concern for my situation. In the past year he has tried several divverent meds and combinations of meds to find what works best for my. I am so glad I am seeing Dr. Piha. He has been a life saver.

Dr. Alan D Piha is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.

Dr. Alan D Piha Is this you?