Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan R Morrison has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan R Morrison has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Morrison was personable and seemingly caring during office visits, but just try to get him to call you back about a problem. He insists that you come into the office -- so that he can charge for each bit of medical advise apparently -- IF you can get him to return your call in the first place. Ultimately, when I relocated out of town and needed a renewal of a prescription medication that he had prescribed for 2 years or so, he refused to provide the renewal, insisting that I get a new doctor, even after I explained -- to his assistant since he didn't call me back --that I couldn't get an apppointment with the new doctor for nearly 2 months. I felt abandoned.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Alan R Morrison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlan Morrison Do Llc, 5410 Connecticut Ave NW Ste 103, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan R Morrison in this video.
Dr. Alan R Morrison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.