Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Rice has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert A Rice has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
Have been a long-time patient of Dr. Rice; when time permits, and, he will try to make time, he gives an intelligent, careful explanation to questions asked of him. Many years ago when he had prescribed BP medication for me for the first time, I had a scary reaction and had to return to his office. He was told my husband was away; I was alone and a bit anxious. This concerned Dr. called me at home to make certain I did not experience another reaction. I will always remember that this Dr. cared if I was alright. I would recommend him to anyone my age or of any age. He stays informed of new medications, treatments, and research. If he doesn't know, he will find out!
Dr. Rice and his staff should get raises! From walking in to leaving, you're treated with respect and courtesy. Dr. Rice takes the time to listen and explain in real people terms. His staff approach each person with courtesy and respect. We, who don't work there, have no idea of all that they work diligently to do FOR us.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Rice is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Robert A Rice accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTennova Healthcare, 7009 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Robert A Rice is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.